DEFINING EMUNAH & BITACHON
- What Is Emunah-Bitachon?
- Why learn about Bitachon?
- What should one think about when saying the Shema?
- What is meant by Menuchas HaNefesh (a “Calm Mind”)?
- How could Elisha Ben Avuya have lost his Emunah?
- What is meant by pointing at Hashem?
- How is Emunah “Righteousness”?
ACQUIRING EMUNAH & BITACHON
- How does one acquire Emunah?
- What if one doesn’t have the ability to believe?
- If Emunah is instinctual why is it so hard to believe?
- A decent man without Torah?
- What practical things can a person do to work on Bitachon?
TRUSTING ONLY IN HASHEM
- Why was Yosef punished for a minor lack of Bitachon?
- How does someone deal with betrayal?
- Why were the younger ones the successful ones?
- Why does Hashem make things seem hopeless at times?
- Wrong Emunah?
- How much Hishtadlus?
- Is it possible to forestall trouble?
- Why did David fight so many battles? Why not have Bitachon?
- Why does a person have to work?
- How should one deal with lack of success in Parnassa?
- How much effort should one put into finding a Shidduch?
- What does it mean “A person is led the way he wants to go”?
- Can people die before their time?
- What does it mean to call out “In Truth”?
- What is the best time to pray for health?
- Not stirred by davening?
- Should a person pester Hashem with trivial requests?
- What is the purpose of Yissurin?
- Suffering for no fault of one’s own?
- Why do atheists have jobs?
- How is everything for the good?
- Should mankind have been created?
- Why did Hashem make Avraham suffer with childlessness?
- What to tell parents of a brain-damaged child?
- Why is it necessary to suffer to appreciate good?
- More than they can cope?
- The payoff of Gehinnom?
OLAM HAZEH & OLAM HABAH
- Was the Garden of Eden a physical place?
- What happens to the soul after it dies?
- Should we enjoy life?
- What does it mean to sing in the world?
- Is the world symbolic of greater things?
- What did Bilaam mean?
- Whose reward is greater: the Baal Teshuva or the Tzaddik?
- Who will sit in the Yeshiva Shel Ma’alah?
- Is everything purposeful?
- Faith in Evolution?
- Survival of the fittest?
- Parallel Evolution?
THE UNIVERSE TESTIFIES
- A quick answer for an Apikorus?
- Can a peanut prove Olam Habah?
- Why is hair a miracle?
- Why are strawberry seeds on the outside?
- Is Science the answer to our problems?
- The attitude of gratitude
- What is the greatest obstacle in life?
- Is it good to think about the day of death?
- Is there value to stubbornness?
- Regrets for youthful idealism?
- If Jews before the Holocaust were more religious, is there hope this generation?
- How can we be great in such a low generation?
- Why an Oral Tradition?
- Can anyone do Kiruv?
- Were the founders of America Anti-Semitic?
- Good news makes the bones fat?
- Is it our mission to educate humanity?
- Is a name a minor prophecy?
APPENDIX: SELECTIONS FROM SHAAR HABITACHON
Shaar HaBitachon — Introduction
- The Miracle Man
- Gratitude, the Essence of Judaism
- And Now Onto Our Topic… Bitachon
- The Meaning of Bitachon
Shaar HaBitachon – Conditions of Bitachon
Shaar HaBitachon – Hashem Sees All
- Calling Out “In Truth”
- Emunah is Instinctive
- Praying By Rote
- Yeshaya’s Criticism
- Laboring for Bitachon
- The Debate Between Rabbi Yehoshua and Rabbi Tzadok
Shaar HaBitachon – Fulfilling Hashem’s Will
- The Impact of Sin
- Is It Selfish?
Shaar HaBitachon – The Need For a Livelihood
- To Be Tested or Not to Be Tested: That is the Question
- Too Busy to Sin